Play Code Name: Sector
What is Code Name: Sector?
(I'll just abbreviate it as CN:S.) CN:S is an HTML5 version of an old computer/board game of the same name.
The original CN:S was published by Parker Brothers in 1977. The human player(s) plotted on the game board the positions
of four destroyers as they sought out a computer-controlled submarine.
How do you play?
The rules (pdf).
How does this version differ from the original?
- Instead of using a board and crayons, you can plot on the computer screen.
- There is an option to have the computer plot automatically. This can be turned on or off at any time.
- When firing a torpedo, select a depth from a drop-down instead of waiting for the depth to flash on the display.
- Direction is indicated by eight "LEDs" instead of four.
- Changing the type of game requires clicking RESTART.
- Sub Finder is not implemented.